About Four Corners Geological Society
Four Corners Geological Society was formed in the boom days of the early 1950s and has been an important part of the Four Corners community ever since. FCGS was incorporated on August 15, 1950, and after two years, boasted a membership of 86 geologists. It had not yet become affiliated with AAPG.
- To provide an association for the discussion of subjects and problems coming within the scope of the geological profession, and by such association, to advance the science of geology
- To promote the technology of exploring for, finding, and producing materials from the earth
- To foster the spirit of scientific research; to disseminate information relating to geology
- To inspire and maintain a high standard of professional conduct on the part of its members
View our Constitution and Bylaws here.