Masters Degree Thesis Grant
Since 1991, the Four Corners Geological Society and later its Foundation have given financial aid to 35 master’s degree candidates working on geoscience theses in Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. Available funds vary but we usually make 1-3 grants per year in the $500 to $1000 range.
• Applicants must be full-time graduate students enrolled at an accredited college or university.
• They must be citizens of the United States of America.
• Applicants cannot be immediate family members of any selection committee member.
• Applicants must provide complete and accurate information (failure to do so will place a grant in
1.Download the application and carefully read the Overview, Grant Information and Qualifications.
2.Complete the two-page application form in full, remembering to sign and date it. Letters of reference are not needed but we ask for the names phone and numbers of three references.
3.Attach the following information:
- A brief description of your thesis (no more than two typed pages). Please emphasize the problem you’re addressing, why you’ve chosen this project, and its importance and potential contribution in your field. Include your research strategy, explaining the steps that will lead you to answer the questions you plan to address.
- A current resume is helpful
4.Your completed application must be submitted by email no later than April 1, 2020. All applicants will be notified about their status by email from the Foundation’s Selection Committee by April 15, 2020.
5.Applications and any questions should be addressed to both:
Jim Fassett: email@example.com
Joe Hewitt: firstname.lastname@example.org