- This event has passed.
Master’s Degree Thesis Grant Application 2019
March 20 - April 20
Since 1991, the Four Corners Geological Society and its Foundation have given financial aid to master’s degree candidates working on geologic theses in the states of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. This year the amount of the grant(s) will be up to a maximum of $1,000.00. In order to be considered, a thesis must contribute to regional geologic knowledge in at least one of these states and be acceptable to the selection committee. Thesis disciplines may include (but are not limited to) general geology, geophysics, mining engineering, environmental geology and hydrology.
The amount of any grant(s) awarded will be based on:
- Financial need
- Thesis subject and scientific merit
- Student qualifications
This year grants will be in the $500 to $1,000 range, with specific amounts to be determined by the Four Corners Geological Foundation. Available funds vary year-to-year and may be divided among multiple recipients.
The Four Corners Geological Foundation and Four Corners Geological Society do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion or ethnic origin. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be full-time graduate students enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- They must be citizens of the United States of America.
- Applicants cannot be immediate family members of any selection committee member.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information (failure to do so will place an application or grant in jeopardy).
- Carefully read the Overview, Grant Information and Qualifications.
- Download and fill out the application here: Masters Grant Application 2019
- In addition to the form, you will need to attach or include:
- A brief description of your thesis (no more than two typed pages). Please emphasize the problem you’re addressing, why you’ve chosen this project, and its importance and potential contribution in your field. Include your research strategy, explaining what steps will lead you to answer the questions you plan to address.
- A current resume.
- Your application must be postmarked no later than April 20, 2019. All applicants will be notified by the Society of their status by May 1, 2019.
- Digital submissions are preferred. E-mail or mail or your completed application to:
Joe Hewitt, Grant Committee Chairman
Four Corners Geological Foundation
1980 Lions Trail
Farmington, NM 87401
Questions may be addressed to Joe at his e-mail address or by calling 505-564-7740.